East Tennessee FARM has been an agricultural marketing cooperative for over 40 years and we know the value that our markets bring to the local community. With the recent COVID-19 pandemic, this value has increased tremendously. Farmers' markets will now play a larger role in supplying the public with fresh produce while also alleviating the pressure on our food distribution system.
“Despite the crisis, Tennessee’s farmers continue to produce safe, fresh, local foods. Farmers markets are an ideal source for fresh vegetables, meats, and food products and are vital to our local communities and economies.”
Commissioner of Agriculture Charlie Hatcher, D.V.M.
Given the severity of this virus, our organization has implemented several new operational policies to further protect our customers and vendors. These policies have been developed by following recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Tennessee Department of Agriculture for farmer's market operations.
2020 F.A.R.M Market Operational Policies
- Spacing between vendor booths will be increased to 10’
- Vendors are required to wear face masks while operating their booth
- We encourage customers to bring their own bags as vendors cannot provide used plastic bags
- Vendors will serve customers one at a time, the next customer will wait at least 6 ft away to avoid crowding
- Food and product sampling at booths is not allowed
- We ask customers to communicate with vendors their selection rather than touching products
- All customers are requested to wear masks inside of the market
- Vendors are required to have and use hand sanitizer/disinfectant wipes at their booths
- Vendors will disinfect payment machines and hands after touching payment cards or cash
- Vendors will regularly clean and disinfect surfaces at their booths
- Hand sanitization stations will be provided to the public
- Healthy shopping procedures will be displayed at the market
- Pre - order pick- up and/or delivery services are being developed and will be advertised on our website www.easttnfarmmarkets.com and via social media
We are very excited about this upcoming market season and cannot wait to see new and familiar faces! FARM does ask that all vendors and customers abide by our new policies to decrease risk and sustain a healthy shopping environment.